Introduction to EMDR Therapy : Video
The Power of Vulnerability, Dr. Brene Brown : Video
Listening to Shame, Dr. Brene Brown : Video
Polyvagal Theory Explained Simply, Sukie Baxter : Video
Rethinking Anxiety: Learning to Face Fear – Dawn Huebner : Video
How to Cope with Anxiety – Olivia Remes : More Info
Overcome Anxiety in Seven Minutes – Mel Schwartz : More Info
Be The Warrior Not The Worrier – Fighting Anxiety & Fear – Angela Ceberano : Video
How to End Stress, Unhappiness, and Anxiety to Live in a Beautiful State – Preetha J : Video
Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World, by Max Lucado
Becoming the Narcissist’s Nightmare: How to Devalue and Discard the Narcissist While Supplying Yourself, by Shahida Arabi
The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, by Bessel van der Kolk, Sean Pratt, et al.
Boundaries, Updated and Expanded Edition: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life by John Townsend, Henry Cloud, et al.
Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain, by Daniel J. Siegel MD
Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself, Melody Beattie
The D Word, by Julia Cook, Phillip W Rodgers
Finish : Give Yourself the Gift of Done, by Jon Acuff
Getting Past Your Past: Take Control of Your Life with Self-Help Techniques from EMDR Therapy, by Francine Shapiro
I Hate You – Don’t Leave Me: Understanding the Borderline Personality by Jerold J. Kreisman, Hal Straus, et al.
No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind, by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
Permission to Feel, by Marc Brackett, PhD
The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?, by Rick Warren and Zondervan
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country’s Foremost Relationship Expert, by John Gottman PhD, Nan Silver
Taking Charge of ADHD, Third Edition: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents, by Russell A. Barkley
Trauma Bonding: Understanding and Overcoming the Trauma Bond in a Narcissistic Relationship: Narcissistic Relationship Recovery, by Lauren Kozlowski
The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts, by Gary Chapman
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen. R. Covey
Suggested order for Brenè Brown’s work:
- The Gifts of Imperfection, Brenè Brown, PhD
- Daring Greatly, Brenè Brown, PhD
- Rising Strong, Brenè Brown, PhD
Other books by Brenè Brown:
- Dare to Lead is putting Daring Greatly and Rising Strong into practice at work. It’s tactical, actionable, and great for team/group/org reads. There are free downloadable workbooks and tools on our Dare to Lead Hub.
- Braving the Wilderness is a book about belonging in a polarized culture and it stands on its own. You can read it anywhere in the progression.
- I Thought It Was Just Me was Brenè’s first book, and it’s a deep dive into women and shame. If you’re looking for detailed information on women and shame, Brenè recommends starting with The Gifts then moving to I Thought It Was Just Me.